Cascade Fathead Black/Silver
Unlike most ribbon motors designed today with an offset ribbon the new Cascade FAT HEAD houses a hand-tuned ribbon element that incorporates the legendary symmetrical ribbon design.
This design offers a true figure 8 pattern. The corrugated aluminum membrane itself is positioned in the center from front to back, thus producing a balanced audio input signal to both sides of the ribbon assembly.
This design is very useful when executing a mid-side or Blumlein recording set-up and also great for live stage use. The FAT HEAD warm full-bodied signature and increased sensitivity is what you would expect and demand from a professional ribbon microphone and the FAT HEAD delivers. The FAT HEAD is suited for guitar cabinets, drum over-heads, vocal, piano, horns, strings, and much more.
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum,
2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: See PDF below
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3" (O.D. grill), overall length 6 1/2", 1" (O.D. body)