Cascade Fathead II Brown/Gold
Over the past decade, Cascade Microphones has played a significant role in the “ribbon revolution,” offering quality ribbon mics at affordable prices. Continuing with that tradition, we are excited to announce the newly designed Fat Head II short ribbon microphone. If you already loved the original Fat Head II, fear not! Our new version uses the same 2.5 micron ribbon as its predecessor, so you can expect the same warm and “fat” sound as before.
We redesigned the Fat Head II with both form factor and durability in mind. Its new brass body helps protect the microphone from stray RF noise and is larger than its predecessor for easier handling. Also incorporated into the new model is a reinforced neck and grill assembly along with upgraded plating on its hardware. It now also offers a gold-plated XLR connector. With these changes, the Fat Head II is more at home than ever in both project and professional studios, as well as live on stage.
Fat Head II Stereo Pairs include an upgraded basket-style shockmount and the Blumlein stereo bar is now silk screened with mounting indicators.
We are now offering the Fat Head II exclusively with a Lundahl LL2913 transformer, which is mounted on a through-hole circuit board. Each microphone is carefully assembled and tested at our headquarters in Olympia, Washington. The Fat Head II remains an excellent choice for guitar cabinets, vocals, horns, strings, drum overheads… we love to use them on just about everything!
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: See PDF below
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: Gold platted 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3" (O.D. grill), overall length 7 3/4", 1 3/4" (O.D. body)