Gretsch G6131-MY Malcolm Young Signature Jet Electric Guitar, Natural
Gretsch G6131-MY Malcolm Young Signature Jet, Natural
Gretsch honors the late Malcolm Young, whose rock-solid rhythm guitar swagger and songwriting provided the unshakable foundation for monumental rock titans AC/DC. The Gretsch G6131-MY Malcolm Young Signature Jet pays homage to Young’s famously battle-hardened Gretsch Jet - available now at Replay Guitar Exchange. Nicknamed 'The Beast,' Malcolm certainly made the instrument his own, not least by removing two of the three pickups, stripping away the finish, and pounding out some of the hardest and most memorable rhythms the world has heard.
This models features the essential hallmarks of one of rock’s most iconic instruments including DIY pickup routes with simulated screw holes, chrome switch plugs, Space-Control bridge and ‘60s-style tailpiece. Open-cavity thunder roars from the thin-skin satin finished chambered mahogany body and is magnified by a high-output TV Jones Power’Tron pickup. Malcolm Young’s fiery rock ‘n’ roll spirit lives on through AC/DC’s enduringly timeless music, and it is Gretsch’s great privilege to pay fitting tribute to him with a finely crafted instrument bearing his name.
· DIY pickup routes with simulated screw holes
· Chrome switch plugs
· TV Jones Power’Tron bridge pickup
· Double-cutaway chambered mahogany body with maple top
· Aged-white binding
· Bound ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and Neo-Classic thumbnails
· Gretsch '60s Jet tailpiece
· Space-Control bridge, bone nut and Schaller die-cast tuners
· Available in natural stain with black back and sides
· Thin-skin semi-gloss finish for a true tour-worn feel
As always, feel free to contact our store for more details, or with any questions.
Neck material: mahogany
Scale length: 24.6"
Nut width: 1.6875"
Fingerboard radius: 12"
Neck shape: U
Fingerboard material: ebony
Frets: 22, jumbo
Country of origin: Japan
Hard shell case included