Line 6 Helix Floor Flagship HX Modeling Guitar Processor
Line 6 Helix Floor Flagship Guitar Processor
Replay Guitar Exchange is proud to offer the Line 6 Helix Floor — the flagship guitar processor of the Helix family, offering incredible power, flexibility, and control. HX Modeling uses dual-DSP processing to deliver the nuanced character that exists in the original classic guitar amps — giving you natural bloom, compression, modulation, and honk on some models, as well as intense gain and breakup in others.
Helix Floor is also a comprehensive master controller for your guitar system, with extensive I/O that provides unprecedented flexibility for studio and stage. Touch-sensitive footswitches, customizable scribble strips, and a large color LCD make the user experience faster and more efficient.
HELIX FLOOR FEATURES
· Variety = inspiration! Helix Floor models 62 amps, 37 cabs, 16 microphones, and 104 effects for use with electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass and keyboards!
· Real tone: When it comes to authentic sound and feel, Helix Floor represents a giant leap forward in modeling technology. Dual-DSPs provide massive power to accurately recreate the sonic characteristics and full dynamic response of classic and modern amplifiers and effects.
· Cabinets: Helix HX Hybrid cabs represent a new approach to the speaker cabinet capture process. They provide the same resolution and low-end accuracy as a 2048-point or higher Impulse Response, while only using roughly the same amount of DSP power as a 1024-point IR. A choice of 16 different microphones and 23 recording distances provides additional sonic flexibility and real-time dynamic control. Helix Floor also lets you load custom impulse responses, allowing you to personalize your rig even further.
· Component modeling: With Helix processors, each stage of an amp’s circuitry has been measured and matched back to the original, so that each model reacts and interacts with the player as expected. This level of dynamic circuit detail extends into areas such as power supply ripple, individual tube sag, and control over B+ voltages.
· Behavioral modeling: HX Modeling accurately recreates the behavior of even the most idiosyncratic vintage effects by modeling their individual components. The Transtronic process emulates the behavior of virtually any germanium or silicon transistor diode, making it possible to authentically recreate fuzz, distortion, and other pedals once considered too persnickety to convincingly model. The Throbber is a "virtual lightbulb" that mimics the decidedly nonlinear behavior of the small incandescent bulb and four photocells inside the original 1960's Uni-Vibe pedals that are essential to their unique sound and vibe. And the Bucketier chip and Panda circuit are virtual recreations of the Bucket Brigade (BBD) chips and compander (compression/expansion) circuitry found in many old-school analog delay pedals. Accurately modeling the inherent quirkiness of vintage analog delay pedals at the component level endows HX analog delay effects with all of their lo-fi majesty!
· Smart interaction: Massive power traditionally comes with a steep learning curve, but Helix processors are remarkably easy to use. Touch-sensitive footswitches allow you to select an effect block or other item for editing simply by tapping it with your finger. A large 6.2-inch, 800x480-pixel LCD eliminates complex menu-diving and provides the same level of control you might expect from an external editor. Colored LED rings and customizable scribble strips complete the user interface, letting you know what each footswitch is doing at a glance.
· Capacitive touch footswitches: Simply touch a footswitch to instantly jump to any block and quickly adjust a parameter or assign controllers. So fast, you can comfortably assign any item to a switch in three seconds.
· Scribble strips: Footswitch status at a glance! Color-coded LED rings and customizable scribble strips convey footswitch assignments and status at a single glance.
· Snapshots: The Snapshots feature enables you to create up to eight variations within a single preset and seamlessly transition between them without experiencing the audio dropouts and disruption of delay and reverb trails that normally occur when switching between DSP-intensive presets. Enable and bypass effects blocks, change amp and effects settings, and much more — all within the same preset.
· Stereo paths: With four stereo signal paths per preset, Helix Floor allows you to create complex routing scenarios involving numerous effects and other blocks, connected in countless ways. Routing schemes such as wet/dry/wet and 4-Cable Method are also easily configured.
· Hands-free: Helix Floor were designed to make interacting with technology more intuitive. Pedal Edit mode, for example, allows you to edit any amp or effect parameter with your foot, so you don’t have to stop playing while making changes on the fly. Simply select the block you want to edit and its parameters spill across the footswitches. Then select a parameter and adjust its value using the expression pedal.
· Helix Edit: Helix Edit software features the same intuitive user interface found on the Helix Floor, so there’s no learning curve. Drag and drop amps, cabs, and effects to build complex signal chains with ease; adjust settings and parameters using dedicated sliders and knobs; customize footswitch labels quickly and efficiently, and much more—all on your computer’s large screen.
· Control your entire rig: Helix Floor can serve as the nerve center for your entire studio or live rig by enabling you to easily integrate effects pedals and other hardware into a hybrid setup.
· Effects loop: Connect individual pedals or pedal chains to the four mono or two stereo effects sends and receives to create switchable loops, or assign the effects loops to discrete signal paths to process multiple instruments simultaneously, or split the sends and receives up and use them as freely-assignable inputs and outputs. This unparalleled flexibility allows you to create large integrated systems incorporating both digital and analog I/O.
· MIDI control: When you need to incorporate external devices via MIDI, Helix Floor offers maximum flexibility. In addition to powerful real time MIDI control, they can send up to six separate commands at preset recall, enabling you to, for example, change a preset on a synth, start a sequencer, and turn up a fader on an external digital mixer with a single press of a footswitch. And with their two expression pedal inputs, CV/Expression out, and external amp switching, Helix Floor can serve as the command center for any size rig.
· Variax control: Open up new performance possibilities! Helix Floor features Variax® guitar control enhancements that enable you to toggle between two guitar models with a footswitch, control Helix amp and effects parameters from the volume and tone knobs on your Variax guitar, set each string’s tuning per preset or snapshot, and much more.
As always, feel free to contact our store for more details, or with any questions.
Modeling: Powerful Dual-DSP HX Modeling
Display: Large 6.2”, 800x480-Pixel LCD Screen
Capacitive Footswitches and Customizable Scribble Strips: Touch to Edit, Hold to Assign, Press to Engage
Dimensions: 22.05 x 11.85 x 3.58 inches
Weight: 14.7 lbs