Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb
Replay Guitar Exchange is excited to offer a great-sounding reverb pedal that's very easy to dial in, with many useful reverb modes on tap — and deeper settings available for extra-creative tone tweakers. The Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11 reverb pedal brings wide new worlds of reflective space — and creative inspiration – to your pedalboard, in a compact and affordable form.
11 different reverb modes!
· Hall - a warm and versatile reverb algorithm modeled after a spacious performance hall
· Spring — captures the iconic drip of a vintage 1962 Fender 6G15 reverb unit
· Plate - an emulation of a smooth, bright metal plate reverb commonly installed in high-end recording studios during the 1960s and 1970s
· Reverse - a rendition of the reverse reverb trick commonly performed in studios. TIME controls the length of time between playing a note and hearing its reverse reverb fade in
· Echo - a simple digital delay which feeds into a plate reverb. Both TIME and the footswitch can control the time between echoes, and TONE controls the feedback of the echoes
· Trem - reverb plus tremolo is a classic, periodic volume envelope applied to both the dry and wet mix of a hall reverb. TIME controls the LFO rate, and TONE controls the LFO depth
· Mod - modulated reverb is a lush combo of various modulations for creamy rich reverb tails. The modes are Green (chorus + subtle vibrato), Red (classic EHX Flerb) and Orange (chorus + Flerb)
· Dyna - dynamic reverb, a dynamic trio of experimental reverb algorithms: swell, gate, and duck
· Auto-Inf - auto infinite reverb, an inventive mode that listens to your playing and crossfades to a new reverb wash upon detection of newly-struck notes and chords
· Shim - shimmer, a rich octave-shifted wash of harmony in a reverberant cloud
· Poly - polyphonic reverb, two configurable and bi-directional pitch shifts that add startling dimensionality to the reverb tail
Each reverb mode has additional secondary button parameters for deep creative possibilities, and your personal settings for each mode are stored when the pedal is powered down. Most of the reverb modes also feature infinite reverb that is accessible with either the built-in footswitch or a separately-sold external footswitch. The Oceans 11 isn't just wide... it's deep!
A power supply is included with this pedal. As always, feel free to contact Replay Guitar Exchange via chat, email or phone for more details, or with any questions.
My anachronistic love of traditional early Sixties surf music — with its iconic use of the Fender 6G15 spring reverb tank — made the Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11 an instant favorite of mine. For my tastes, it's got the best digital spring reverb tank simulation on the market today!
To such a diehard lover of the traditional surf sound, there's really no duplicating the organic, dimensional drip of a real spring reverb tank. However, the Oceans 11 in Spring mode is so unexpectedly close to the real deal that I just had to buy one of the first units Replay got in stock. I've happily used it in my vintage-styled surf recordings, for variety's sake — in the same mixes as other guitars recorded through my real tanks!
The Secondary Knob Functionality let me access additional, 'hidden' parameters that made the spring sound that much more authentic. I was able to dial in some convincing preamp drive that warms up the sound in a way quite similar to the tubes in a real 6G15. Once my healthy skepticism was quelled, I was able to enjoy my playing, and forget about the signal path entirely.
Obviously, Spring is only one of the eleven reverb modes offered in this pedal, but I wanted to share my excitement in case there are other spring reverb fanatics among you. Let me assure you that the other modes also cover serious creative ground, and all have additional, recallable parameters. The possibilities are incredible for a pedal this size and price, and the sound quality has been stellar throughout. With Oceans 11, Electro-Harmonix has created a winner.
Current draw: 150mA @ 9VDC
9-volt battery and EHX power supply included
Dimensions WxHxD: 2.75" wide x 2.1" high x 4.5" deep